It’s back and on a Saturday no less. My Friday Five is back for good this time. These are my five favorite songs this week The genres range from contemporary pop to dance/DJ. Read below for all the details on my faves and maybe you’ll find a song or two to add to a playlist of yours!
- MARTIN JENSEN // LOUDER – DJ and Producer Martin Jensen dropped an absolute banger with his new single Louder. In what is a super short time length, the DJ manages to compact not super smooth rhythm, high energy beats, a super fun drop, and an insanely vocal loop. Turn up Louder here.
- NINA NESBITT // BLACK & BLUE – Pop artist Nina Nesbitt whose penchant for hitting us in our feels with her beautifully honest songwriting has done it again with her new one, Black & Blue. The soft tempo electro-pop jam has the singer digging deep into her emotions and how we can be our own worst enemies sometimes. How negative self-talk is never good. This song release comes at heels of the announcement of a special release of Nina’s The Sun Will Come Up, The Season’s Will Change deluxe edition which will have 29 songs. Listen here.
- LEANNE TENNANT // BRING IT ALL BACK – Alternative-Pop Songstress Leanne Tennant new track Bring It All Back is the cool guitar jam. With her reedy and sweet vocal delivery the plaintive subject matter (it’s about a conversation between two people with different mindsets, one suggesting they open up and see diverse ideas and viewpoints, the other person stays fixed.). Elements from garage rock, indie pop and country can be heard throughout. The dreamy and moody new visuals help to illustrate Leanne’s message within the song. View the video here.
- TEEPEE // NO REASON – The laid back chill vibe of this next track makes it perfect for adding to any late Summer playlists as we transition into Fall. Teepee brings gorgeous rich harmonies and lush rhythms on this latest track No Reason. Hearing shades of artists like Bon Iver and Daughter this Indie-Folk duo are looking to carve out a name for themselves and surely will if they keep pumping out charming pop grooves like this. Listen here.
- IYLA // FLOWERS – Iyla is a new R&B artist whose garnering attention with her novel style, badass lyrics (often about female empowerment), and most notably eye-catching videos. Her latest is Flowers which takes on the stereotype of all women want is flowers and the finer things in life from Men despite what negative things they do to us. When what we need and want is just love and support. Iyla uses a bit of Alice In Wonderland imagery to help illuminate her lyrics overall. Check out the colorful video here.